Chartered Building Surveyors in Eastbourne
HardingBond Property Consultants are specialists in waterfront property building surveys with many years experience inspecting properties exposed to sea-side elements.
We are delighted to deliver high quality residential and commercial property services including RICS building reports:
In addition to our building surveys, we offer party wall and boundary dispute services where the Party Wall Etc Act 1996 is in place to protect the boundary's between two adjoining owners.
Our consultants also offers a number of services tailored for commercial ventures, including Schedules of Dilapidations for tenants and landlords. As qualified surveyors we also offer Project Monitoring for commercial builds, and are able to act as an Employer Agent for design and build schemes.To discuss your project with a member of our team, or for answers to any questions you may have, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Home Condition Reports
- Building Surveys
- Expert Witness Reports
- Party Wall Surveys
- Commercial Building Surveys
- Schedule of Dilapidation
- Employer Agent
- Project Monitoring
- Planning Applications
- Project Management
- Defect Analysis Reports
- Historic & Listed Buildings
Case Study - Building Survey in Pashley Road, Eastbourne
HardingBond Property Consultants were instructed by the client to carry out a Building Survey Report on the ground floor flat, garage and storage area to the lower ground of a property in Eastbourne. This was an upper ground floor flat is within a four storey detached purpose built block of flats built around 1950.
The Building Survey aims to:
• Help you make a reasoned and informed decision when purchasing the property, or when planning repairs, maintenance or upgrading the property;
• Provide detailed advice on condition;
• Describe the identifiable risk of potential or hidden defects;
• Where practicable and agreed, provide an estimate of costs for identified repairs; and
• Make recommendations as to any further actions or advice which need to be obtained before committing to purchase.
KITCHEN - CEILING
- FINDINGS: Emulsion finished plaster with hairline cracks. However, junction between concrete planks has opened in the past and would benefit from filling and decorating.
- ACTION: Fill and decorate ceiling crack in kitchen.
- FINDINGS: Pair of glazed doors access the lounge/diner from the hall and it is thought these are not toughened glass and consideration to their replacement with toughened glass doors should be made. Skirtings, linings, architraves etc in a serviceable condition.
- ACTION: Replace doors with toughened glass doors
- FINDINGS: Masonry painted soffits; handrail and balcony well detailed. Asphalt deck with promenade tiles. Well detailed. Asphalt up-stand to West wall needs to be re-bedded off lounge/diner balcony. Rainwater outlet to master bedroom balcony to be cleaned out. Lead work behind doors of master bedroom balcony to be re-pointed.
- ACTION: Clean out rainwater outlet to master bedroom balcony.
Re-point lead work behind doors of master bedroom balcony.
Derust and decorate handrail
If you are interested having any kind of report, party wall surveys or any of the other range of services we provide, please get in contact with our Eastbourne team today. You can call us directly on 01424 439648 and an experienced member of staff will be able to answer any questions you might have. Alternatively email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you promptly.